Direct connection to suppliers and carriers: Leoni optimizes global network by digitalizing its information and communications processes
Leoni AG is a leading global supplier of wires, cables, and complex wiring systems to the automotive and electrical industry. The company uses AX4 to manage its far-flung network of suppliers and carriers and optimize how it supplies its own production facilities and automotive customers.
„The AX4 solution makes it possible for us to automate time-consuming and error-prone processes and achieve better supply chain performance.“
Michael Achtmann, Director Supply Chain Planning, LEONI AG
The cloud-based logistics platform AX4 enables easy integration of suppliers and forwarders into Leoni Wiring System’s supply processes. This enables worldwide sharing of the order and shipping data used to supply plants, storage sites, and distribution centers. From the pickup request to final delivery, Leoni maintains a centralized view of all the elements that make a supply chain successful: on-time performance, real-time location of goods, and reliable delivery fulfillment.
- AX4 gives Leoni greater visibility of the movement of goods throughout the global production network which allows for achieving “zero error logistics”.
- By uncovering the potential for consolidation and optimizing transport capacities the company eliminates waste and is able to meet its sustainability goals.
- Using AX4, Leoni was able to cover all steps in the process, from the initial shipping request to the final delivery.
- The Leoni network mapped in AX4 already comprises more than 2,000 supplier locations, 64 plants, 63 logistics service providers, and 7 consolidation centers.
- Key documents are stored as electronic files in AX4, optimizing how those involved in the process access data.